( This post contains affiliate links. Please read my disclosure for more info here. )
It can be overwhelming, to say the least.
With all of these responsibilities on our plates and only 24 hours in the day to do them, we are forced to prioritize. And if you’re like me, the last thing on your priority list is always cleaning. A dirty house is patient, it just sits and waits for you until you have time to pay attention to it. A hungry baby? Not so much.
Even before I had children, cleaning house was always last on my list. And it stressed me out…a lot. I couldn’t really relax at home after a day at the office because I would see all the mess. I would dread someone coming over unannounced because then they would see all the clutter, dirty dishes, and dirty floors. Instead of going out and having fun on Saturdays, I would spend the better part of the day cleaning.
Cleaning Schedule, cleaning checklist
House cleaning schedule printable, Cleaning Schedule, cleaning checklist, cleaning house
I’ve been using my cleaning schedule for over a two years now, and it really works!
Today I’m making it available to you – for free. Here’s what you do:
Step 1: Download my e-book “How To Create a Cleaning Schedule That Really Works”
Cleaning Schedule, cleaning checklist
Step 2: Print out the templates
- Room Cleaning Checklist – 1x for every room in your house
- Daily / Weekly Schedule – 1x
- Monthly Schedule Overview – 1x
- Monthly Schedule – 1x for each month of the year
Step 3: Create your Room Cleaning Checklists
- Print out a template for every room in your house. Clip them to a clipboard. Grab a pen or pencil and visit the first room.
- Write down every single task you would have to accomplish to make that room perfectly clean. Write the tasks down according to how often you will have to perform the task (daily, weekly, monthly, etc.)
- Then move on to the next room. Keep on going until you’ve filled out all of your lists. This will take a while, so schedule yourself enough time and make sure you won’t be interrupted.
- Use the master cleaning lists and examples at the end of the e-book for inspiration.
Step 4: Schedule the daily and weekly tasks
Using the daily and weekly task sheet, go through all of your room cleaning checklists and fill in the daily and weekly tasks. I, for example, broke it down like this: Monday – living room | Tuesday – bathroom & laundry | Wednesday – kitchen + menu planning | Thursday – nursery, master bedroom | Friday – hallways and closets. | Saturday – grocery shopping | Sunday – Food Prep |
Step 5: Schedule the monthly tasks in the “yearly overview” template
Using the monthly task sheet, go through all of your room cleaning checklists and fill in the monthly tasks. These are the things you only do a few times a year. For example, window cleaning, changing out your summer/winter wardrobes, cleaning and reorganizing medicine cabinets and steam cleaning carpets. I even assign specific dates to these tasks instead of just saying “I’ll do it sometime this month,” otherwise it will never get done!
Step 6: (Bonus): Fill out your cleaning schedule for the entire year.
This is where the Monthly templates come in. Print out a template for every month in the year, then go back and reference your other schedules to fill them in accordingly. This way you know what needs to be done to the exact day.
Step 7: Do it!
If you stick to your schedule for more than 3 months it will just become one of your daily habits, which means you won’t spend time thinking about doing it – you’ll just do it.
Sign up here to download your copy of “How to Create a Cleaning Schedule!”
In it you will find:
- Instructions for using the e-book
- Room Cleaning Checklists
- Daily, Weekly, Monthly, and Yearly Schedules that you can customize to fit your own needs
- Master Cleaning Lists
- Examples of how to best utilize the cleaning schedule
- Recipes for making household cleaners without toxic chemicals
My comprehensive guide "How to Create Your Own Cleaning Schedule" will help you semi-automate your cleaning habits so that you have more time to dedicate to the most beautiful things in life. Simply click the button below to get your Cleaning Schedule E-book delivered straight to your inbox!