Karcher WV 50 plus window vac
Karcher WV 50 plus window vac
( This post contains affiliate links. Please read my disclosure for more info. )
Searching for the best way to clean windows without leaving streaks?
Are you still looking for the best way to clean windows for streak-free? Have you tried things like: Karcher WV 50 plus window vac
- microfiber towels
- vinegar window cleaning solution
- vodka window cleaning solution
- expensive cleaning solutions
and nothing works? Yep, I get it!
Every time I tried to clean a window, I would eventually wind up a hot, sweaty, and frustrated mess! No matter what I did, I still wound up with streaks on my windows, drips on my floors and the whole process took forever!
I finally got so frustrated that I refused to clean another window ever again and left the job up to my fella. He did a much better job, but his engineer brain kept telling him that there just had to be a quicker and easier way to clean windows.
Karcher WV 50 Plus Window Cleaner
One evening we were out eating dinner with friends and the conversation turned to window cleaning (aren’t we exciting!?) They were praising their Karcher WV 50 Window Vac up and down and we just rolled our eyes and chuckled at them.
It just seemed too good to be true: a vacuum-squeegee that sucks all the water off your windows leaving a streak-free and drip-free window – all in a matter of minutes? Come on!
That same night we checked out the karcher wv60 window vac reviews on Amazon and they were so good that we just had to push the button and buy it. We haven’t looked back since!
Why buy a Karcher window vac?
I’ve been living in Germany for 20 years now and Karcher has become one of my favorite household brands. There’s a good reason why German products have an excellent reputation – they’re sturdy and reliable! I’m still amazed how our Karcher power pressure washer, push sweeper and wet vac have held up through the years.
That said, it made this relatively small purchase an easy decision for us to make. We were not disappointed. It truly does hold the promise of giving you a crystal clean window pane with no drips or streaks – and you get the job done fast!
I can clean all the windows in my middle-sized home (16 windows) in about 20 minutes, leaving my Karcher window cleaner ¾ full of dirty water and the battery almost empty.
One thing to keep in mind, though – it does not clean your window frame!
These are the microfibre towels I use for cleaning window frames and wiping the window vac blade. They last a very long time and are mega absorbent even if you accidentally wash them with fabric softener. (not the plasticy towels that just smear stuff around – ya know what I mean?)
What’s included with the Karcher wv50 plus window vac?
When you unbox your vacuum, you will find 2 really cool “bonuses.” (Okay, they’re not really bonuses, but they kinda feel like it because they’re so awesome.)
- Spray-bottle with microfibre cleaning head (which is an awesome invention on its own!) Make sure you buy the vac where the spray bottle is included – you’re gonna want this!
- glass cleaning concentrate sample – the best window cleaning solution EVER!
Karcher window cleaning tips
- I know I’m being a party pooper, but read the manual first!
- Charge the battery. It should take about an hour and a half to fully charge the first time.
- Fill your cleaning solution into the spray bottle. The cleaning solution sample that comes with your vacuum is second to none! It’s a concentrate and goes a long way. You’ll see for yourself why I keep buying more.
- Spray your window and the window frame with plenty of cleaning solution and use the attached wiper to get it into all the corners of the glass – all with one hand!
- Wipe down your window frame with a microfiber cloth.
- Turn on your vacuum and begin at the top, making horizontal passes.
- Wipe the blade after each pass if you want absolute perfection.
- Empty the vacuum when it’s full. This may seem like a no-brainer, but some people complain that their vacuum “doesn’t work like it used to” simply because it’s full!
- When done, empty your vacuum, rinse it out and clean the wiper fleece. Then plug in your window vacuum so that it’s fully charged for the next use.
karcher window vac video
Here’s what the window vac looks like in action. But please take it with a grain of salt. I don’t appreciate the fact that they don’t show you what happens when they swipe all the way to the bottom. It would also have been helpful to see how effective it is when your windows are actually dirty.
My Karcher window cleaner leaves streaks – what am I doing wrong?
I’ve heard this question a lot! It does take a little practice to make the window vac work for you.
Here are some tips to ensure a streak-free and drip-free window:
- Make sure you get a really good amount of liquid on the glass – otherwise, it will dry up too quickly and the squeegee won’t have enough moisture to “float” on. It will take a practice to find the right ratio, but you’ll get it.
- Like I mentioned before – make sure to make horizontal passes. That way, if you do have some drips, you can get them with the next pass.
- Make sure you’re swiping slowly enough so the vacuum has time to suck up all the liquid.
Can you use the Karcher Window Vac for things other than windows?
Oh yes! You can use it for just about any glass surface (mirrors, shower doors, glass tables.) It also works on smooth tile and rock countertops & backsplashes in the kitchen.
How reliable is it?
We’ve had ours for about 4 years and haven’t had any trouble with it. We use it at least once a week to remove all the toddler fingerprints from the glass doors.
Speaking of toddlers…it’s also great for cleaning up spills!
Give it a try! Once you’ve used the Karcher WV 50 Window Vac you’ll never go back to cleaning windows the traditional way again. It is the best way to clean windows quickly.
Karcher wv50 Window Vac Accessories
Even if you don’t want to buy the window vac, Karcher has come up with another extremely useful product: the karcher spray bottle and microfibre cleaning head. Use that in combination with a squeegee and you’ve already stepped up your game by having sprayer and wiping cloth in one. It’s awesome and I love the karcher window wiper almost as much as my window vac!
It comes with a sample of the karcher window cleaning fluid which is a top notch cleaner. If you’re like me, you’ll be ordering the kärcher 500ml glass cleaning concentrate for window vac on a regular basis.
Looking for the karcher window vac wv 70 plus or wv 60 plus?
According to Kärcher’s website, both versions have been discontinued. The karcher wv50 plus window cleaner is the only one on the market right now.
Deep Cleaning Checklist
Stop wasting time planning a spring cleaning session.
Just download this checklist and get the job done!
Karcher WV 50 plus window vac